Research group of Biodiversity and Conservation under the Institute for Biotechnology and Environment, University of Nha Trang. The group was established in 2010 with members of the Department of Biology and Biotechnology.
Group leader: Dr. Dang Thuy Binh – Vice Director of Institute for Biotechnology and Environment
PhD sudents: Msc. Vu Dang Ha Quyen
Senior researchers: Dr. Ngo Dang Nghia, Msc. Nguyen Thi Anh Thu, Msc. Nguyen Dac Kien
MSc students: Truong Thi Oanh, Le Thi Nhan
Main research area
1) Survey and assessment of biodiversity
2) Study the genetic and structure of population
3) Study the effects of climate change on biodiversity
4) Evolution and Genetic Ecology
5) Aquatic Disease
Past and current projects
1) CARD project, ACIAR support “Increase the capacity on nutrient analysis in Vietnam” headed by the Faculty of Aquaculture, Nha Trang University;
2) NUFU Project “Aquaculture and coastal management in Vietnam” headed by the Institute of Aquaculture Research Number 3;
3) Component 4, SRV2701 project “Environmental impact of Aquaculture activities to the issue of food safety of green mussels and aquatic snails in integrated farming systems” under NORAD framework, headed by Nha Trang University;
4) CT – PIRE project (lead by Old Dominion University) working with biodiversity and conservation genetics in Vietnam.
5) EU project: Parasite Risk Assessment with Integrated Tools in EU fish production value chains, 2012 – 2015.
6) Peer project Conservation Genetics for Improved Biodiversity and Resource Management in a Changing Mekong Delta”. NFS and USAID funding (2013 -2015).
7) National genetic conservation project. Minister of Traning and Education